Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Birthday, Little Monster!

My friend's son just turned one the other day.  When she was pregnant, my friend and I thought she was having a girl...when we found out he was a boy, I started calling him the little monster so, naturally, when I saw this stamp set a couple of months ago at Michael's, I HAD to buy it!  He is such a little cutie and I can't believe how quickly they grow up....
Here is the card I made for him:




I didn't use any patterned paper on this card.  I hand stamped on white cardstock to get the patterned paper effect in the colours that I wanted.  I used the Puddle Pad Technique on the argyle.  For a tutorial on this technique, go here.  I coloured the main image with Copics (see Supply List below for colours) and attached the buttons with hot glue using my cordless i-bond.  It works great for attaching clear buttons but, you must make sure you get the right amount of glue so that it covers the entire back of the button so as not to show a line and also make sure that you don't use TOO much as it will ooze out of the sides...Also, once you place the embellishment, it will not budge so you have to make sure you have it where you want it....I still haven't mastered the hot glue, LOL!  Please let me know if you have a better way of attaching clear buttons...I usually use Glue Dots to attach buttons but, they show through on clear buttons...

I got the colour inspiration from Colour Q #89 but, unfortunately, just missed the deadline because I didn't blog it in time...wasn't accounting for the time zone, LOL.  Here is the inspirational photo:





I got the sketch from Pals Paper Arts #98:



Here is a full list of the challenges that I'm entering this card into:


Supplies:
Cardstock: Neenah Classic Crest: White; SU: Bashful Blue, Bravo Burgundy, Basic Grey, Cajun Craze
Stamps: Monster Stamp Set (I think this is Recollections but, not sure...bought at Michael's.  Cling Rubber.  I used this to stamp main image, background, sentiment: "Little Monster!"); CTMH: Wonderful Friend (Argyle background); Inkadinkado (sentiment: "Happy" & "Birthday")
Ink: Memento: Tuxedo Black; SU: Bravo Burgundy, Cajun Craze, Bashful Blue, Basic Gray; Reinkers (for Puddle Pad Technique): Bravo Burgundy, Dusty Durango
Copics: Monster: YR14, YR16, YR18, R46; Skin: YR0000; Shoes: B32, C1; Eyes & Teeth: C1; Shadow: W2
Tools: Spellbinders: Classic Square LG, Scalloped Square SM, Tim Holtz by Tonic: Craft Knife, Scissors; Imaginisce: i-bond (Hot Glue Gun)
Embellishments: Buttons: Assorted Unknown; Twine: CTMH; Chipboard Number: Basic Grey


10 comments:

Tina

Very Cute!!!Found a monster set as well in my stash!! Great idea ,love the colours!

Sharon Caudle

Soooo CUTE!!! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly! Hope you're able to join us again soon! Hugs! Sharon

Anonymous

Love it what a cute monster card. :) Lori m

Oops a Daisy Designs

Great card! So cute! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Anonymous

Love it! Great card!

Dana

This is adorable and such a cute story of how a nickname sticks : ) I've got the video on making the backgroud ready to go in another tab. I think it is so cool!
Hugs~
Dana

Giovana

Really pretty! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories Challenge.

Mandy

Wonderful card....Love the image and your papers are gorgeous...Thanks for sharing with us at Hooked on Crafts challenge...
Mandy x

Lisa Elton

Naomi this is sooo cute. I just love this little monster fella!!!

ChristineCreations

Oh that's one adorable little monster stamp and creation! What a CUTE card!