Thursday, August 25, 2011

DYSU #34 - Masculine

Welcome back to a new week at DYSU! I hope you're ready for a new challenge... we're ready to see your fabulous creations! This week, the focus is on the boys and men in our lives, so let's see those masculine cards!


This week's Sponsors:




Digi Darla
One Month's Membership in our Digital Stamp Club


Stitchy Bear
$10 Gift Voucher for Stitchy Stamps, Panda Bear Designs and Dezina World


Stamping Boutique
Winner’s Choice of 5 Digis


This week, I decided to make a birthday card for my father-in-law.  The image I used is called, "The Big One", from Stitchy Bear...both my father and father-in-law are big-time fishermen but, since it reminds me a bit of my FIL and my dad looks more like Jackie Chan than Walter Matthau, lol...I thought it seemed fitting to use it for my FIL.  The sentiments are from, "What a Catch", by Flourishes.  I added burlap and wooden buttons to enhance the rugged feel of the card and I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.  


Here it is:







I really hope that you will come and join in on the fun over at DYSU this week!


Supplies:
Cardstock: Orange - Stampin' Up - Dusty Durango; Kraft - Misc.
Ink: Memento - Rich Cocoa; Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Frayed Burlap
DP: My Mind's Eye - Lost & Found Two - Breeze
Stamps: Flourishes - What a Catch!
Digital Images: Stitchy Bear - The Big One
Accessories: Buttons - Misc.; Burlap - Misc.; Copics; Hemp Twine - CTMH

7 comments:

Denise

Fantastic card - your FIL will love it. Love the burlap and buttons - really makes this a manly card.
Hugs
Denise xx

Miranda

fantastic card naomi, great details and colours
hugs
Miranda

Unknown

Naomi this is a wonderful card. I love all the details on it and the sentiment is perfect! Your coloring is gorgeous!

Thanh Vo

Handsome card, girl! This card reminds me of my dad, who is headed out this weekend to go Salmon fishing lol

Marcy

I love your card, Naomi. All your embellies are just perfect!

*Alison*

This is amazing.. I Love the colors and burlap.. so amazing! Great job! hugs

Unknown

Great card!! Love the burlap and your coloring is perfect. The inside of the card wonderful.

Besitos,
Joan